YES! you heard that correctly, Nintendo listened to fans and allowed software to be placed into Folders. This comes as part of the latest firmware update: Ver. 14.0.0 and means that for all those shmuppers around the world, one folder can be the place for all shmups!
For anyone that would like assistance in making this happen, feel free to watch the video below:
Nintendo Switch – Ver. 14.0.0
Release date: March 21st 2022 (North America) / March 22nd 2022 (Europe, Japan). Patch notes:
“Groups” feature was added to the All Software menu.
- You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
- Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organise by may make it easier to find the application you want.
- Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
- The button to proceed to the “All Software” screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
- For more information, see How to Create Groups of Software.
- Bluetooth Audio volume behaviour was changed.
You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
- The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
- The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
- The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.
- When first connecting a device, volume will be reduced to avoid sudden loudness.
- For more information, see How to Pair and Manage Bluetooth Audio Devices.
Controllers update: Yes
Additional notes: none
Official website: Nintendo
We hope you found the video helpful! We know this is a quick update but it’s to the point and helpful. Take care and we will talk to you soon.