What is Beholder?
Have you ever dreamed of being a landlord in a totalitarian state, so you can spy and report everyone? Well, it is now possible thanks to Beholder and its original 2D gameplay mixing management and spying mechanics with a choice-driven narrative.
In this grim dystopian future, where privacy is dead and the State controls every aspect of life, will you choose to cling to your humanity or to be a ruthless landlord?
In either case, prepare to be unsettled.
To your tenants, you are Carl Stein, a government-installed landlord. However, that is simply a facade that hides your real mission: to covertly spy on your tenants.
An experimental drug suppressing the need of sleep was injected to you during your medical exam, so you will have more time to serve your motherland.
Tell us more
Inspired by George Orwell, Aldous Huxley and Ray Bradbury books, Beholder will challenge your mind and ethics as every choice will have a consequence.
- Explore your apartment block and manage the tenants within.
- Bug tenants’ homes with surveillance cameras while they’re away to uncover their secrets.
- Search their belongings for anything that can threaten the authority of the State.
- Observe and profile each occupant for hobbies, interests and even conversations.
- Turn in, Blackmail or Protect anyone capable of violating the laws, including your family.
When can I get my hands on the physical edition?
The full version of the original Warm Lamp Games management and strategy title, edited by Alawar and Curve Digital, is now available in traditional stores in physical format and in two different editions.
Along with the title in its standard edition, Beholder: Complete Edition also comes in a very special collector’s edition, with extras such as the game soundtrack, an art book and even an anti-stress doll with the appearance of the game’s main character: Carl Stein.
Soon to be announced
The release date of both physical versions, standard and collector’s edition, also for Nintendo Switch.